Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Not really a day off, but...

Today, I worked from home. A simple text message to my colleague in the morning: “I need to work from home.” And work I did; in fact, I think I am more efficient, less stressed, and generally more content with my day if I don’t go into the room we call our office (see earlier post).

It also gave me an opportunity to eat warm food (thanks to the opportunity to heat food which exists at home, but not at work), to stare out the window occasionally, and catch up on some much-needed reading of fellow bloggers’ posts.

Reading other people’s writing inspires me. (This reminds me of a post by one of my favourite bloggers, Arzu Geybulla, who writes on her personal blog, Flying Carpets and Broken Pipelines.)

And when you work long hours at an unfulfilling job, it can be difficult sometimes to get inspired and motivated to write... hell, it becomes difficult to just gather your thoughts even, in order to form coherent sentences that someone might actually want to read.

Today was a day full of ideas. And positive energy. And both of these things I hope to take with me when I go to the Social Media for Social Change conference in Tbilisi in April, which I’m very much looking forward to.

Drop me a line if you’re reading this post and will be there too. Interesting things always happen at crossroads...

No comments:

Post a Comment